We are currently seeking candidates for the following:
Canadian Sales Manager/Trainer
The Canadian Sales Manager is responsible for sales development, broker and distributor management, execution of tactical programs to grow and maintain existing business as well as brand and product training throughout chain of distribution. Reports to Director of International Sales. Qualified applicants must live within the Greater Toronto area.
Key Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide direction, clear objectives, support and sales techniques for sales broker and distributor field sales representatives.
- Develop, manage and approve retail advertising, co-op and promotional activities to meet sales and profit targets.
- Daily contact with sales reps and retailers to build relationships and ensure superior servicing, merchandising and training needs are met.
- Presentation of business reviews and new products to key FDM buyers as required.
- Manage and attend Regional Trade shows.
- Call in to corporate office for monthly meetings as requested, attend annual sales meeting.
- Annual sales and expense planning with bi-weekly sales call reports and expense tracking.
- Maintain monthly retail tracking reports for the broker group and provide quarterly reviews.
- Perform monthly sales recap and ad hoc analysis to derma e management as needed.
- Update management on all market trends, competitive information, product/promotional opportunities and retailer feedback as required.
- Constructive handling of all customer complaints or objections.
- Motivate and stimulate the performance of the reps, with capabilities for critical reviews for improvements.
- Travel as necessary within territory – approximately 30% of time with approximately 3 weekends away per year
Key Training Responsibilities:
- Maximizes sales rep and retail staff’s effectiveness by determining and solving training needs.
- Provide rotational brand and product training for all rep and retail staff across channels.
- Determines training needs by traveling with sales representatives; observing sales encounters; studying sales results reports; conferring with sales managers.
- Improves training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available; integrating training support with routine job functions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- 5+ years of sales management experience with proven track record in managing sales broker and distributor reps.
- Demonstrate leadership skills as well as strategic and overall business management skills.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to present light technical information in small to mid size groups.
- Experience in the Natural Products Industry or related consumer package goods.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel and be able to work out of a home office.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to this email address.