FOLLOW THESE SIX SIMPLE STEPS TO TAKE YOUR SKIN CARE REGIMEN TO THE NEXT LEVEL
It’s springtime, beauties! So, let’s talk about how to treat your skin as we transition from the cold nights of winter into the blooming days of spring. As any beauty buff will tell you, it’s super important to know how to layer your facial care products, regardless of the season. We know that there are tons of how-to tutorials and articles out there that show various types of skin regimen. How do you choose, right? But whether you have a three, six, or even a 12-step skincare routine, the simple rule is to layer your skincare products from lightest to heaviest.
Before Layering Products, Refresh Your Skin
1. CLEANSE – Every skin care routine starts with cleansing or exfoliating, whether it’s first thing in the morning or right before bed (Tip: You don’t want to sleep with your makeup on). It’s important to create a clean slate for the products you will be putting on your skin so you can get the maximum effectiveness from them. That means you need a cleanser that will remove the dirt and impurities that can build up on the skin’s surface without stripping away moisture.
To gently and thoroughly clean your skin, reach for a light and fragrance-free cleanser like DERMA E’s Purifying Gel Cleanser to begin your natural beautifying regimen. This facial cleanser contains potent Activated Charcoal to purge pollutants from the skin’s surface, as well as Kimarine® Wakame and Bladderwrack seaweeds to protect and nourish your complexion. Your skin will thank you for it.
2. TONE – There are those who swear by using a facial toner immediately after cleansing, while others are still unclear about its benefits. Simply put, these types of products are a great addition to your skin care routine. Toners are lightweight liquids specifically designed to target different skin care needs—they can help give skin an extra-clean feeling while also providing it with skin-nurturing ingredients that benefit your particular complexion.
For instance, say you want to be proactive when it comes to reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. In that case, you would want to try our Anti-Wrinkle Toner to remove impurities and help re-balance skin, while also refreshing the complexion with the use of Vitamin A and Glycolic Acid, which are proven to help renew the tone and texture of the skin’s surface.
Layering: The Secret to Vibrant Spring Skin
3. EYE CREAM – You simply cannot have a satisfying skin care regimen without giving some much-needed love to your The skin surrounding the eyes is thin and delicate, so you want an eye cream that is rich and moisturizing. Expressing yourself also leaves a mark on the area around your eyes—laughing, smiling, squinting, and frowning can all create fine lines in the eye area—so a cream is crucial for youthful-looking skin.
Give your delicate eye area an extra radiance with our Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream, a nutrient-rich formula to help smooth and prevent fine lines. This eye cream provides powerful hydration thanks to antioxidant Vitamin E and Green Tea, plus highly emollient Avocado, Sesame, and Sunflower oils.
4. SPOT TREATMENT – Not all skin is created equal, but paying attention to our personal needs makes all the difference. Blemish-prone skin requires extra care and DERMA E’s Very Clear Acne Spot Treatmentis there to save the day.
This treatment is exceptional at helping to quash the appearance of breakouts. Our specially formulated Anti-Blemish Complex uses natural Tea Tree, Willow Bark, Rosewood, Lavender, and Chamomile to reduce the look of inflammation and redness that accompanies blemishes, while supporting healthy-looking skin. You should always have this on hand so you’re ready in case of any flare-up.
5. SERUM – Of all the steps listed here, the glue that holds everything together is the almighty serum. This skin care must-have, packed with essential ingredients, comes in many forms but its purpose is to rejuvenate and treat your skin. Try our NEW Vitamin C Concentrated Serumand see the difference a serum makes.
This is one of the best face serums because of its use of Vitamin C. This amazing skin care ingredient has antioxidants that help protect skin from environmental damage such as sun exposure, while also caring for your complexion so it looks radiant and youthful. In this serum, Vitamin C is partnered with Hyaluronic Acid, which lavishes your skin with incredible moisture. It’s the perfect base for your last layer of skin care: moisturizer.
6. MOISTURIZE – You always want to finish off your routine with the perfect moisturizer to help hydrate, balance, and protect your skin (Tip: don’t forget to moisturize your neck).
The rule of thumb is to apply a moisturizer with SPF during the day to give your skin UV protection, and a hydrating formula such as the DERMA E Hydrating Night Cream before you go to sleep. This luxurious face cream bathes your skin with hydration thanks to Hyaluronic Acid and replenishes it with Vitamins A, E, and C-Ester. You will wake up with skin that looks glowing and beautiful.
There are various healthy skin care routines out there to try, but following the guide above is guaranteed to improve the appearance of your skin and give you an extra spring in your step this month. Let us know in the comments below what your daily skin care regimen is like!