Ask The Beauty Expert
Q. I have Combination and Sensitive skin. I would like to try your full range of product. What would you recommend? +-
- A. For sensitive skin, I would recommend our products the in Sensitive Skin line. This line will help to reduce visible redness and irritation while calming and comforting the skin. All the products are great for combination skin, as they are all considered lightweight.
Q. I have very dry skin with blackheads. What do you recommend? +-
- A. I would recommend our Anti-Wrinkle Cleanser and Toner, the Microdermabrasion Scrub (3 times a week), and the Anti-Wrinkle Advanced Antioxidant Moisturizer. I believe these will be a great fit for your needs!
Q. I have sensitive skin, dehydrated skin. I also breakout occasionally. Currently, I use the Very Clear Cleanser and Moisturizer. Am I on the right path for my skin condition? +-
- A. Here is what I would suggest: Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Cream (lightweight cream that will help balance sensitive skin and soothe any irritation) and the Microdermabrasion Scrub 2x a week (very fine grain scrub that will help unblock pores). You can continue to use the Very Clear Moisturizer on your problem areas.
Q. I tend to have forehead small bumps pimples under the skin and sometimes all over face. What can cause that and how can I treat it? +-
- A. Small bumps on the forehead are most likely caused from sweat and a lack of proper exfoliation. I would suggest our Very Clear line. Use the cleanser 2x a day, every day, and the moisturizer at night. Use our Microdermabrasion Scrub 2-3 times a week to gently exfoliate away dead skin cells. During the day, try our Sensitive Skin Oil-Free Moisturizer.
Q. I have adult acne and rosacea, I also have oily skin. What products would work well to help with the redness and prevent future break outs? +-
- A. I would suggest using the Very Clear Cleanser twice a day, the Very Clear Moisturizer at night, and the Sensitive Skin Redness Reducing Serum during the day to address rosacea. The key to help prevent future break-outs is to be consistent with the products that you use and to maintain a regular skincare routine.
- Q. I wake up with really puffy eyes in the morning. Do you have anything that will counteract this? +-
- A. Yes! Our Sensitive Skin Eye Gel is formulated to visibly reduce puffiness, redness and swelling, soothe irritation and smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eye area.
Q. Will your products make me break out? +-
- A. At DERMA E®, our #1 priority is the safety and efficacy of our products. DERMA E® products should not make you break out, however everyone is different and has unique responses to skincare. If you are concerned that a product might give you a reaction, we always suggest performing a patch test on the inner side of your elbow first. We stand by our products and our formulations, and choose to incorporate the best ingredients into our formulas in order to give you the most beautiful skin of your life! In fact, all of our products are formulated by a Doctor of Oriental Medicine and are shown to be effective yet gentle, even on sensitive skin.
Q. What is your skincare advice for men? Do they need to use different products? +-
- A. Because men have facial hair, they are prone to razor burn and ingrown hairs. The best remedy to prevent irritation and encourage clear, healthy skin is to use a combination of our Microdermabrasion Scrub, two to three times a week, with our Tea Tree and E Antiseptic Crème as a post-shave moisturizer.
Submit Your Question