The Benefits of Topical Vitamin C (and How to Use it Right)
Topical vitamin C serum should be an essential part of your daily skin care routine. The benefits of topical vitamin C are varied and proven, and below, we'll go over how to use this powerhouse ingredient to its maximum potential.
The most important benefits of vitamin c for skin care are:
- It improves the texture of your skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles (clinical study)
- It can reduce dark spots, also known as "sun spots" or "age spots" (clinical study)
- Combined with sunscreen, Vitamin C serum can protect your skin from sun exposure and the long-term effects of sun damage (clinical study)
Vitamin C serum can also reduce acne because of its anti-inflammatory properties and ability to clear oil on the skin (clinical study)
Vitamin C is also an antioxidant, meaning it can reduce free radicals on the skin, which improves overall skin health and decreases the risks of illnesses like skin cancer.
Vitamin C Benefits
The benefits of adding vitamin C to your skin care routine include:
- Wrinkle reduction by increasing collagen production, giving your skin a youthful glow
- Dark spots reduction
- Improving skin tone and making your skin brighter
- Protection against free radical damage
- Antioxidant properties
- Hydrating the skin and improving skin elasticity
- Preventing premature aging
- Wound healing
- Protection against dry skin
- Protection from the sun
While using vitamin C in any capacity can offer these many benefits, there are tips for using topical vitamin C serum that will make it work better, and more quickly.
Should I use vitamin C morning or night?
The best time to use Vitamin C serum on your skin is in the morning along with your sunscreen because Vitamin C can reduce the damaging effects of ultraviolet rays. However, you can also incorporate vitamin c into your nighttime routine because, overnight, it can work to even out your skin tone and reduce wrinkles.
Vitamin C Skincare Routine
- Gently cleanse your skin with a cleanser that is catered to your skin type and needs. Here are a few vitamin C products that have dermatologist-recommended ingredients proven to promote healthy skin.
- If you want an even skin tone and treatment for unwanted dark spots, try out the Derma E Vitamin C Brightening Cleanser.
- If you tend to have dry skin and are looking for a hydrating skin plump, try out the Derma E Hydrating Gentle Cleanser.
- If you have sensitive skin, try out the Derma E Sensitive Skin Smoothing Cleanser with aloe vera to clean your skin with gentle, natural ingredients.
- If you want to prevent wrinkles with a face wash that hydrates the skin, check out the Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Cleanser with Vitamin A and glycolic acid.
If you have acne-prone skin, consider the Derma E Acne Facial Cleanser with salicylic acid and tea tree oil.
Apply the Derma E Vitamin C Serum with hyaluronic acid and probiotics. For best results, apply with small upward circles. One of our best-selling products, this serum is called the best Vitamin C serum for the face by many reviewers.
Before leaving the house in the morning, make sure to apply the Derma E Mineral Face Sunscreen with zinc oxide, vitamin E, and green tea. Don't forget your neck area when using sunscreen, as often your neck can show signs of aging even before your face.
And at night, for maximum effects, use the Vitamin C Intense Night Cream. This incredible product was awarded the gold standard from the Delicious Body Consumer Choice awards- the highest degree of praise. This night cream uses vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and probiotics to deeply nourish your skin while you sleep.
For more details, check out our full article about the ultimate vitamin C skincare routine.
Maximize the Potential of Your Vitamin C
Use topical Vitamin C in the morning to protect your skin throughout the day from sun damage. You can also use a different Vitamin C moisturizer at night to combat wrinkles and free radicals while you rest. It's a wonderful ingredient with many uses, and there's truly something for everyone.