How to Look and Feel Good While Saving the Environment
Happy Earth Month, beauties! Now more than ever, our planet needs the same amount of TLC that we give to ourselves and our family. There are several ways to show our love for the environment, starting at home – and even incorporating those eco-ethical ideas to our skin care routine. As daunting as it sounds, the idea of going green doesn’t have to cost you a lot of money or take up much time and effort. So, what does it take to green up your living space? Follow these tips to make your home earth friendly.
- Recycle – The most common way to care for the environment is to recycle. Recycling helps to reduce waste and pollution, and also preserve our natural resources. You can start with having a recycling bin at home and using reusable shopping bags, but to also shop for products that are packaged in recyclable material.
- Upcycle – A step further from recycling is the idea of repurposing old or discarded materials and giving them new life. Upcycling empty jars and containers of your skin care products is a creative and fun way to minimize waste. Check out Pinterest and YouTube for hundreds of DIY upcycling projects that you’ll want to get started on right away.
- Buy Local – Another great way to reduce environmental impact is by supporting local growers and independent business owners. Whether you’re shopping for food, fashion, or skin care products, you’re helping to significantly reduce pollution caused by transporting goods, and boosting your local economy.
- Buy Cruelty Free – Loving ourselves and our environment means that we also have to look out for our animal friends. While shopping, look for packaging that features the Cruelty Free symbol to ensure that, like all DERMA E products, they have not and will not test on animals.
- Clean Green – Natural ingredients make for the best household cleaning solutions. Green up your home by skipping on harmful chemicals that you do not want touching your countertops, shelves, and floors. Instead, try eco-friendly alternatives such vinegar, lemon juice, and baking soda to make your home sparkle.
- Conserve Water – Saving precious water at home makes a huge impact on the environment. You can easily do this by taking shorter showers and turning the faucet off in between uses. But water conservation also extends outside of our home even with products that we buy. DERMA E uses Non-Nano Mineral Zinc Oxide in our sunscreen formula, proven to protect the natural eco-systems in the world’s reefs.
- Eco-Beautify – Last, but certainly not least, is to switch to a more natural skin care regimen. Eco-ethical beauty comes from the idea that ingredients derived from nature are not only the most effective and safest for your skin, but they also support a more sustainable and earth friendly lifestyle. DERMA E only uses natural ingredients that care for your skin and the environment.
What are your favorite ways to make your home more earth friendly? Share your eco-friendly tips with us in the comments below!